All about Tomatoes
Time & Location
About The Event
This workshop will teach you how to effectively grow organic tomatoes in your backyard. You find our about everything from seed to harvest and see how we grow our tomatoes at the farm. We will walk the farm for examples of field growing and poly tunnel growing.
Taste the eight tomatoes we are growing this season. We'll go through pruning and have a go at pruning the plants we have.
We will cover:
- Planning and preparations (layout, location, sun requirements, irrigation, time restrictions)
- Heirlooms vs Hybrids
- Protected growing and field growing
- Hands on pruning in our poly tunnel
- What to grow & when to plant it
- Seedlings and propagation
- Dealing with Pests
We will provide: Detailed notes.
We will also enjoy morning tea and do a tour of the garden. Snacks, water and fruits available.
Please bring pen & paper, hat (+ water bottle and gardening gloves if you have them)
Lizzie Buscaino is teaching this workshop. Lizzie runs Piccolo Farm with her husband Gianluigi, a mixed permaculture property with approx 1/2 acre of mixed market garden vegetable production. The property is managed using organic principles focusing on biodiversity and the production of nutrient dense and delicious veggies!
We would love to see you on the day so book your spot now :)
- Early bird -All about tomatoes$50$500$0
- All about tomatoes$65$650$0