Haloumi and zucchini Turkish pizza
Quick and easy summer meal. Ingredients:
· 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra, to drizzle
· 200g punnets cherry tomatoes, halved
· 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
· 400g haloumi, cut into 1cm-thick slices
· 2 zucchini, thinly sliced lengthways
· 2 x 350g Turkish breads or 2 x 35cm round pizza bases
· 90g (1/3 cup) basil pesto
· Baby kale or basil leaves, to serve
Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the tomato. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until starting to soften. Add the garlic. Cook for 5 minutes or until tomato is pulpy. Add a little water to thin the sauce, if needed. Season well.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 220C/200C fan forced. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Heat a lightly oiled chargrill pan or barbecue grill plate over medium-high heat. Cook haloumi and zucchini for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden. Remove.
Place the Turkish breads on prepared trays. Spread with tomato mixture and top with haloumi and zucchini. Bake for 5-7 minutes, until heated through and lightly golden.
Drizzle the pizzas with the pesto and extra olive oil. Serve sprinkled with the baby kale or basil leaves.